Welcome to the VIA Metropolitan Transit Poetry on the Move contest portal. Submissions for this year's poetry contest have ended. Please check back in Fall 2018.
Winning poems will be illustrated by local artists and published in the BiblioTech digital library and displayed on VIA buses during National Poetry Month. All winning poets will be notified by VIA and invited to an event to recognize the winning poems.
See information below for guidance on how to submit your poem and contest rules.
Submitting Your Work
Please adhere to the following rules:
- You must be 18 years or older to participate in the Poetry on the Move contest.
- You must live in South or Central Texas in order to enter.
- Entries must be submitted and uploaded through this portal as a typeset PDF.
- Up to three (3) poems may be submitted per person.
- The length of the poem needs to be kept to 10-lines, including title and spaces.
- Poems should be understandable by a wide audience.
- Poems must not include any offensive language.
- Do NOT place your name or other identifying information on the poem.
Instructions for Converting your Word Document to PDF
After you have saved your work as a word document, there are a few ways to convert your file to PDF.
- Go to file, select "save as Adobe PDF", or
- Go to file, select print, next select "Adobe PDF" as the printer, or
- Go to file, select Export, next select "Create Adobe PDF"
- All poets will retain all right to future publication
- Judges and their families and VIA Metropolitan Transit employees and their families are not eligible to participate
- Winners will be notified by VIA
Need more information?
Contact Jerri Ann Jones at 210-362-2389
If you need assistance with your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org