Welcome to the VIA Metropolitan Transit Poetry on the Move Contest portal. Submissions for the 10th annual contest is now closed and the judging process is underway.
Winning poems will be illustrated by local artists and published in the BiblioTech digital library and displayed on VIA buses during National Poetry Month in April 2019. All winning poets will be notified by VIA and invited to an event to recognize the winning poems.
In the meantime, you can view all of last year's submissions here.
Submitting Your Work
Please adhere to the following rules:
- You must be 18 years or older to participate in the Poetry on the Move contest.
- You must live in South or Central Texas in order to enter.
- Entries must be submitted and uploaded through this portal as a PDF or DocX file.
- Handwritten or mailed entries will not be accepted.
- Up to three (3) poems may be submitted per person.
- If submitting more than one poem, please submit each poem separately.
- The length of the poem needs to be kept to 10-lines, including title and spaces.
- Poems should be understandable by a wide audience.
- Poems must not include any offensive language.
- Do NOT include your name or any other identifying information in your document. You will have the ability to enter your information separately during the submission process.
- All poets will retain all right to future publication
- Judges and their families and VIA Metropolitan Transit employees and their families are not eligible to participate
- Winners will be notified by VIA
Need more information?
Contact Jerri Ann Harris at 210-362-2389
If you need assistance with your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org