Submitting Your Work
Please adhere to the following rules:
- You must be 18 years or older to participate in the Poetry on the Move contest.
- You must live in South or Central Texas in order to enter.
- Entries must be submitted and uploaded through this portal as a typeset PDF.
- Up to three (3) poems may be submitted per person.
- The length of the poem needs to be kept to 10-lines, including title and spaces.
- Poems should be understandable by a wide audience.
- Poems must not include any offensive language.
- Do NOT place your name or other identifying information on the poem.
Instructions for Converting your Word Document to PDF
After you have saved your work as a word document, there are a few ways to convert your file to PDF.
- Go to file, select "save as Adobe PDF", or
- Go to file, select print, next select "Adobe PDF" as the printer, or
- Go to file, select Export, next select "Create Adobe PDF"
- All poets will retain all right to future publication
- Judges and their families and VIA Metropolitan Transit employees and their families are not eligible to participate
- Winners will be notified by VIA
Need more information?
Contact Jerri Ann Jones at 210-362-2389
If you need assistance with your submission, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org